CA$H Coalition of the Greater Capital Region's Mission is to help individuals and families in New York’s Capital Region increase their financial self-sufficiency.
- TRIP NeighborWorks Spend Smart Workshop – February 18 & February 25, 6pm to 8pm. Click here for more information.
- SEFCU Winter Seminars – Dates and locations vary. Click here for more information.
- Construction Trades: Worth Another Look – March 3 at 5pm, Capital District Educational Opportunity Center, 431 River Street, Troy. Click here for more information.
- Thursday, March 5 - 11:00am at the Ellis Medical VITA Site - Schenectady (600 McClellan Street) in partnership with Assemblymember Angelo Santabarbara
- Last Week of March - Date TBD at the OTDA VITA Site - Albany (40 North Pearl Street) in partnership with New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
During the 2013 Tax Season (concluding in April 2014), the CA$H coalition, powered by more than 250 volunteers, helped save more than $2 million, and return more than $20 million to hardworking Capital Region individuals and families who are facing economic challenges.
What is Vita
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) provides free tax preparation and helps working families access the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and many other credits and savings to which they are entitled under law. There are free VITA sites in each county throughout the Greater Capital Region. They are staffed by volunteers representing United Way, the finance industry, the IRS, social services and community members.
United Way's Role
As fiduciary of CA$H of the Greater Capital Region, is to help individuals and families achieve financial stability as one of the building blocks for a good quality of life and strong community.